Monday, February 1, 2010

happy birthday to me.

Hello friends, I write this blog post from my revamped computer! If you hadn't heard, I dropped my macbook down concrete stairs! So it's almost at 100% we need to make a few changes and get it to stop freezing sometimes, other than that its doing great!

Anywho, I just wanted to share with you what I bought myself for my birthday. I already had a speedlight (flash) for my camera, so I picked up a set of radio triggers, the transmitter slides onto the cameras hot shoe and the receiver plugs into a port on the flash. To top it off I got a light stand and an umbrella! Thus I have my very own mini studio, that is portable.

This is what it looks like:


I haven't had too much time to play with it all yet, but this is what I came up with in a few minutes on saturday night. (while watching The Princess Bride by myself) I might be a tiny bit out of focus if you make the picture bigger, but hopefully better pictures will come soon.

ps I put the flash on the cameras left mounted up kind of high looking down on me, just have one flash, but some light bounced off the wall lighting up the other side of my face a little bit.
pps the glasses belong to my friend Katie, they are fake.

4 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Nice! Good pictures, What fun B-day pictures!

Dave and Nata said...

that picture is awesome! at first i thought you were trying to be some kind of priest or something. weird eh? also, what were you doing watching the princess bride by yourself on saturday night with another girls glasses? what did you do with the girl? never mind. your creepy serial killer picture just answered that question.

Laney said...

creepy.

emuhle said...

so hot right now
-Brady