Friday, October 24, 2008

Ibuprofen

4 tablets (200mg each) takes exactly 45 minutes to kick in, lasts for 4 hours. Then repeat.

Long story short I had two tooth aches. After I got the second one fixed the dentist gave me a couple 800mg Ibuprofen. They worked wonders, then I ran out. The teeth were still really sensitive, thus requiring more Ibuprofen even though the teeth were fixed.

Above you can see how i was using Ibuprofen. I just read the real directions on the bottle, here they are:

-Do not take more than directed.
-The smallest effective dose should be used. ***Broke this one, after I ran out of the big 800mg Ibuprofen I woke up in the middle of the night in pain. So I go to the bathroom and pour the Ibuprofen into my hand, and think, "hmmm so the big ones were 800mg, that means I need to take 8 of these smalls ones." I get into bed and think, "oh crap I just took 8 200mg tablets...thats like...oh crap!"
-Do not take longer than 10 days, unless directed by a doctor (see warnings). * Did this too.
-Take 1 Tablet (200mg) every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persist. ***One? lol.
-If pain or fever does not respond to 1 tablet, 2 tablets may be used.
-Do not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor. ***oops.

Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause stomach bleeding.

What I did wrong: took way too much!!!! haha basically like 20 in one day. I think my pee even smelled like it.

Well my roommates think i'm addicted to it now. My mouth hurt! It's getting better now. I think i'll quit cold turkey, basically so my stomach doesn't bleed! Hopefully I don't die anytime soon due to Iburofen...poisoning.

4 comments:

Janna Mills said...

oh my HECK your liver is going to be shot to pieces. hahahaha oh that's golden.

Kent and Leisy said...

metta's stomach problems came partly from her ibuprofen usage! you better be careful tan tan.

Laney said...

i say go for it! When I ran the marathon, I took 6 during the race!

Jason & Shannon said...

The one I gave you was an 800. hehe. Hopefully it was taken a different day.