Friday, September 26, 2008

fishing in the deep end?

I find dating to be...well, I just don't like it. Most of the time I feel like i'm wasting my time and or money. Maybe it's constantly getting owned by girls (the S means it's plural) who express interest in going out with me, or even suggest, "we should do something sometime." And yet, they are always busy. Tuesday? Wednesday? Whenever. I can get work off. No. Ok. Nevermind. Maybe i'll ask out someone who can fit 2 hours of going out with me into their busy week. Some girls tell me they will go out with me, but then end up "busy" and I think they really didn't want to go out with me in the first place. Girls need to know that they can say no. Don't even get me started on double dates, why would i want to get to know my friends date? Sometimes I come up with excuses to not ask girls out, girls that I normally might want to go out with. Some of these excuses may be shallow...here are a few:

-too tall.
-too short.
-overweight.
-too thin.
-canckles (woof)
-doesn't like country music. for reals?
-coworker.
-in the ward.
-way to much makeup.
-flat hair.
- wears clothes from american eagle/hollister. like everyday.
- brown eyes? i like blue.
- talk about x-boyfriend
- talk about "their missionary," woah. red flag. of all the missionaries i knew that had girls waiting for them back home about 85% of them went to the movies and kissed girls. srsly. girls that religiously wait get what they deserve, a husband who will ignore them and watch football every sunday.
- too...indie. indie girls are super cute BUT they have the ugliest haircuts ever! (truly indie girls that is. some girls dress indie but have normal short haircuts) it's like they got the kitchen scissors and did it themselves.
- doesn't like The Simpsons.
-always has a boyfriend, different guy every week.
-still dates pre-mees.
-a roommate or friend is in love with them. bros before hoes.
- have already gone out with their roommate, sister, or cousin.

Maybe i'll overcome my dislike for wasting my time and money and date more, we will see. I seem to attract the weirdest girls! Hopefully soon a girl that I want to date will actually want to go out with me. It's almost ski season :) then it wont matter that I don't have a girlfrind, and i'll be the one who is too busy.

ps i just submitted my application to byu for january. please pray for me to get accepted.

7 comments:

Abbie said...

:) Your blog made me smile. Girls are retarded. I agree. We're jerks. :)And you really need to find that country song I was teling you about. And I'll pray for you Tanner, Good Luck!!!

Jason & Shannon said...

Boo! Girls suck! Maybe Janna will bring one home... Hehe. Jk. We'll pray for you too. You'll find a girl that isn't retarded.

taylor and laney said...

There's nothing wrong with coworkers. Well, unless you work at a place that is often referred to as "The BO." Maybe we do support you in that decision.

Janna Mills said...

i will NOT pray for you to get accepted.. so then you can come here ;) haha

Jarom said...

GIRLS BITE! ok... they don't but seriously, why can't girls ever be honest and straight up. I swear they are sinning by being coy and playing their "games." girls suck!

Holly said...

Tanner I am your blog stalker and I now feel I need to let you know. Because i am the wise one (just ask Shannon)here is my advice. Ask the homeliest girl you can out once and be super sweet and nice to her at church, school and places where the hot girls with see you with her. Then ask one of them out. They will think you are the best because you are so nice to the "special spirits". Girls just want a guy who is truly kind and sweet. Example is the best way to show them. by the way I love your blog.

Heather said...

haha oh goodness this was the funniest thing i have read all day long. Sorry i will not be there for thursday brick session. Good luck making decent money without me. BWahaha... no seriously sorry man