Sunday, July 27, 2008

Couple Missionaries...jerks? (yeah i said jerks)

Saturday mornings at work start out pretty slow. There I was minding my own business walking around pretendning to be busy so managers wouldn't ask me to do stupid stuff, like go on a delivery or scrub the floor. All of the sudden an old man flags me a down and tells me all about the hole in the bottom of his mug. I inspect said mug,then tell him there is no hole in it. I tell him how it was put in a freezer while wet, then it froze, then it was pulled out of the freezer, root beer was poured in it and overflowed and froze to the outside of the mug, then melted at room temperature on his table. He insists about the hole. I tell him that i'll get him a new one and put his old mug in my bus tub walk around the corner and see him tell his server about the hole, she explains the same thing as i did. It's simple science really. After she left the table I hear the woman say to her husband, "they shouldn't have argued with you." I guess he was really mad. I walk back over and say to the server, "it's ok i'll get them a new one." I was doing something and had to walk to the end of the row of tables. i turn around and overhear this conversation:

*I start walking towards them*

old lady -- "it's ok hun, you're smarter than he is."

WHAT! She and I make eye contact, but she thinks I didn't hear it! Oh yeah, did I mention they were a couple serving a mission! wearing their nametags! I call them Elder and Sister Humble.

I go to the drink station pretty offended, "that old man is a retard, no one is smarter than me. how dare this woman say that! and she's a missionary, that was christlike..." I reach for a mug in the deepest darkest corner of the freezer, it was still morning and they were nice and frosty! I grab the best looking mug, fill it with ice and filled it with root beer. After the mug was at a perfect level I must have accidentally let my finger slip and I overflowed it and the root beer froze to the outside of their mug, oops. Then i did it again. And again. Untill the whole outside of the mug had frozen root beer all over it. oops. I grab a new coaster and set it on their table, "there you go sir." Five minutes later it looked as if there was a hole in this mug too! What a shame, two in a row with holes, their table was a swimming pool of root beer and they used all their napkins to mop it up. I wanted them to complain about it, because I was going to say, "oh I thought you were smarter than me... so i assumed there was a hole in your mug, looks like I was right, sorry about that." but they didn't say anything, just got quiet when I would walk past. And they gossiped about it the whole time! Shame. I asked the server what mission they were in so I could write their president about how rude they were to me, but I guess it was just a church history mission.

p.s. Dear Elder and Sister Humble, Please don't come back to the Brick Oven, we are the highest grossing restaurant in utah and don't need your business nor your stingy senior citizen tips. With Love, Tanner.

pps maybe the church ought to "raise the bar" for senior couples too...

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Wow, Tanner. What a rant. Honestly though, how can there be a hole in a GLASS mug? It would be a crack. Or a break. Silly people. I'm glad you can let off your steam on a blog. :)

Jason & Shannon said...

Wow! I can't believe it! Grrr... Haha. I hated doing that! People think they know better than you! I also hate it when people talk about you and they don't hush their voices and of course they pretend they don't realize you could have heard....

Dave and Nata said...

yer wicked tanner. lol. funny story.